Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thing 8

Eventhough I'm well aware of text messaging and web conferencing and respect these ways of communicating, personally, I've only experienced and enjoy IM(instant messaging).I like chatting with friends and family(especially those who live out of the country). It's a lot cheaper than a phone call and doesn't have the delay of a letter by mail. Also, I've taken several on-line classes and students and professors communicate this way. For those who haven't experienced on-line chatting, the experience can be rewarding and surprisingly addictive. For me, text messaging doesn't offer the same type of experience. Or maybe, I just need to give text messaging a real chance. Who knows!

2 comments:

  1. It's fun if you have to do undercover communication. Like if you are on the desk and want to talk to someone in the back, or something. I'm happy to chat with you anytime, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey looks like your rolling along now! I wasn't comfortable with text messaging at first either. I prefered IM because it seemed a lot easier to me than anything else. But after a while I got use to it. I'm not saying I have the fastest thumbs in town, (to this day I don't know how people can text that fast) but its all about baby steps. ^O^ Go at whatever pace you want.

    ReplyDelete